Intro to Cultural Anthropology Fall 2017
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Ring

+5
hgandy
Jcotter
bhansen2
wentao huang
aritenburgh
9 posters
Go down
aritenburgh

Scotland Ring Empty Scotland Ring

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm
Scotland Ring 20170914

The back story on this ring is pretty basic to my knowledge. My father bought this ring while he was in the Navy overseas in Scotland. I just randomly found it one day as a child and it quickly become mine, he asks about it every now and then " You still have my ring?". I correct him by letting him know I still do have MY ring. I want to say its made from aluminum. No major impact does it have on my life, I very rarely wear and I've never really asked my dad how he even came across it. It happens to be one of the few pieces of jewelry I own, I just really love the "basic" design of it. cat
wentao huang

Scotland Ring Empty Re: Scotland Ring

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 pm
So this ring maybe not really expensive or especial for your life, you said you rarely wear it and just one of the few pieces of jewelry you own. But it looks like your father really care about it , that's the gift he send you and he always asked you about whether you still have it .
bhansen2

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:23 pm
Aren't you curious to know the history of the ring? Not just how your father came across the ring, but also the design of it? That "basic" design might have a significant meaning in Scotland. It also might hold high value based on the way it is made. Just food for thought!
Jcotter

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:21 pm
Nice ps4! I would have to agree about the ring's design. It makes me wonder just who thought of the design and if it held and significance to that person or the many people around them.
hgandy

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:10 pm
The design of the ring is really interesting and it's a super cool piece to have! Do you ever wonder more about the history of the ring? Scotland is such a cool place with so much history and culture!
gagin

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:31 pm
The design of this ring looks like a Celtic knot which is actually very important to those of Scottish, Irish and Welsh descent. From the sounds of it, there is an interesting story behind the ring if your dad is asking you if you still have it. I wonder if it's just another massed produced ring to be sold in stores or if it was made in small batches and bought from a jeweler.
xiaobin wang

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:59 pm
Does your father have any special meaning to send you this ring?
He was with what kind of mood to buy the ring
brandonklim

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm
I used to be in the Navy some of the things I collected had some sort story of why I bought it is there a story to why he bought it?
Hmwatson

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:46 am
I would be pretty curious about the history of that ring since your father seems to be so interested in whether or not you have it. Have you ever considered asking him the story behind it?
aritenburgh

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:24 pm
I've been curious about this ring, but my father isn't very open about a lot of his life. I'm sure this ring had some sort of meaning to him, but honestly I will never really know. He is very private about his life especially to his children. Being able to get any type of answers from him would be like eating barbed wire. I to would like to know more about were about this ring came from, I know the inside of the ring looks to have been possible branded, but its so worn down its unrecognizable. I'm sure with some digging around and research I might be able to come up with some information.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum