Intro to Cultural Anthropology Fall 2017
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Grace97

Ash tree recipe Box made by my grandfather Empty Ash tree recipe Box made by my grandfather

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:32 pm
I'm showing this recipe box to you because it was made by my grandpa who after a few years of my grandma passing away and he needing something to do because he retired started taking up wood working and making a few things here and there. He is very good at and very creative. He will use trees that have been on his property to that are as old as 50-100 years old. This recipe box is made from a 60 years old ash tree. This was given to me as well as few others of cousins along with out our great grandmas grape salad recipe and my grandpa told us before giving the recipe boxes to us that we will be the next generation to use thAsh tree recipe Box made by my grandfather Img-1211
Ash tree recipe Box made by my grandfather Img-1210
Ash tree recipe Box made by my grandfather Img-1212
Ash tree recipe Box made by my grandfather Img-1213
em and also add our own recipes along the way just the same as our grandma always had.
Hmwatson

Ash tree recipe Box made by my grandfather Empty Re: Ash tree recipe Box made by my grandfather

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:59 pm
My grandfather also did this after my grandmother passed. His work is very beautiful! I think it's wonderful how he passed your grandmothers recipe! The hinges: are they bought? Where are they made?
aritenburgh

Ash tree recipe Box made by my grandfather Empty Re: Ash tree recipe Box made by my grandfather

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:35 pm
I love hand made crafts, especially ones made from wood! My uncle recently took up woodcraft and its rather interesting to see what someone can come up with from a log of wood! Nice share!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum